Thursday, March 11, 2010

Side Braids

For someone like me, who has trouble coming up with interesting things to do with my hair, the side braid is the answer. Loose and a bit sloppy, but oh so stylish. Recently seen on the runway and the red carpet, this look can be sweet and sassy at the same time. Personally, I prefer the side braid for mornings that I want to roll out of bed, put as little effort as possible into getting ready, and head out the door.

Rachel McAdams at the Sherlock Holmes World Premier in London

Nicole Richie launching her Winter Kate Collection in Paris
Miu Miu Spring 2010 Collection

Alexander Wang Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

*Side Braid Tips*

*Remember to use a little hair spray before braiding your hair so it will last a little longer.
*Don’t make the braid tight, it’s supposed to be loose.
*If a few strands fall out during braiding, don’t try to tuck them back in. Messy is a Must!
*Tie the braid with a small clear elastic.
*Keep it simple.

1 comment:

  1. I am also really enjoying the side braid! I have been trying to do it at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete